Change your name

To let us know that you’ve changed your name, you’ll need to go to your local branch.

How to change your name

You can change your name at one of our branches. Please bring the right evidence with you so that we can help.

Change your name after a divorce

If you want to change your name after a divorce, you will need your:

  • Divorce papers or decree absolute.
  • Marriage certificate.

You will also need one of the following:

  • Your birth certificate.
  • Deed Poll (not available in Scotland).
  • A copy of the entry in the Register of Corrections (Scotland only).

Change your name for another reason

If you want to change your name for any other reason, you will need one of the following:

  • Deed Poll (not available in Scotland).
  • Your marriage certificate or your civil partnership registration document.
  • A Statutory Declaration.
  • Your adoption certificate.

If you live in Scotland, you can also use:

  • A copy of the entry in the Registry of Corrections.
  • An amended birth certificate issued by the Registrar General, Edinburgh.

Are you also a Lloyds Bank Insurance or Lloyds Bank Private Banking customer? Don't worry, we will let them know you have changed your name.

Not all insurance policies sold by Lloyds Bank are managed by us. This means we won't update your name on them. Please check your policy for contact details to change your name. It could affect your policy if you don’t.

Find your nearest branch Find your nearest branch

More Profile & settings help

It is easy to make many changes on your phone or in your internet browser.

Important legal information

Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.

Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).