Making an insurance claim
Making it easy for you
What to do if you have an accident?
- Don't leave the accident scene.
- Call the emergency services if anyone is injured.
- Obtain the details of all witnesses.
- Note the details of any third party, including name, address, vehicle registration number, the name of their insurance company and their policy number.
- Take pictures of the accident scene with your mobile phone.
- Do not admit liability, seek settlement or offer to negotiate.
- Report the accident to us as soon as possible on 0344 209 0477.
What to do if your car is subject to a theft, attempted theft or malicious damage?
- Call the police and obtain a crime reference number.
- Report the incident as soon as possible on 0344 209 0477.
What to do if your car windscreen or window glass is broken or damaged?
If you have comprehensive cover and your claim is for the car windscreen, side or rear windows, or the sunroof.
Contact the claims department on 0800 072 7503.
Claims under this section will not affect your no claims discount. If you do not have comprehensive cover, you can still call the claims department but you will have to pay the cost of the replacement or repair.
Did you know that you can manage your policy online with our self-service centre?
- Access your policy online 24-7
- View, download or print your policy documents
- Change your payment details
- Make a payment
- Change your policy details
Emergency Medical Assistance or Repatriation
Telephone 01633 439016
If you are an Added Value Account customer please call 01633 815819
If you call the above number it will be answered in a call centre operated by AXA Assistance who will service your call.
For travel insurance claims, telephone 0800 731 4044.
Claim Online - If you are an Added Value Account customer and wish to make a claim you can visit www.lloydsbankavatravelinsurance.com
Claims & Customer Service
If you have any questions about your Lloyds Bank Business Insurance policy or need to make a claim we have a directory with all the numbers you will need.
Claims & Customer Service
If you have any questions about your Lloyds Bank Business Insurance Landlord policy, or need to make a claim we have a directory with all the numbers you will need.
Making a home insurance claim
1. Before you call us
- You should call the police straight away if your claim is for theft or attempted theft, riot, a malicious act or vandalism, or accidental loss outside your home. Make sure you get a crime or lost property number.
- You can make urgent repairs to prevent further damage – like fixing a forced lock or broken window – but speak to us before making any other repairs.
- Have a look at your policy booklet and policy schedule to check your level of cover and have your policy number to hand.
2. Call Us
We have a number of different Home Insurance policies.
If your policy starts with HAP: 0345 300 5177
All other policies: 0345 300 0110
We’re here to help you through every stage of your claim:
- First we’ll check your details and your identity.
- We’ll take the details of your claim:
- What happened
- Details of the loss or damage.
- We‘ll let you know if you’re covered for the loss or damage and any excess that applies.
3. What you'll need to give us
We’ll ask you for a list of everything that’s been lost or damaged.
- Keep any damaged goods as we may need to see them. With the exception of freezer food, where a list would be suitable.
- We may also ask you for proof of ownership to support your claim, such as:
- Credit agreement
- Pre-loss valuation
4. How we’ll look after your claim
- Depending on the extent and type of damage, we can rebuild, repair, or replace your things, or give you a cash payment.
- If your claim is complicated, say after a flood, we can send a Personal Claims Consultant to visit your home and help you make a list of the damage. They’ll be there for you with all the help you need.
- We’ll give you advice on the next steps to take.
5. Helping you get back to normal
- We have trusted suppliers who can repair or replace your lost or damaged items, including electrical equipment, jewellery, bikes and furniture.
- We can also arrange for a trusted company to make structural repairs to your home. And if you can’t live there until it’s repaired we’ll provide alternative accommodation for you, your family and pets.
- We guarantee all claims related to work done by our approved contractors for a minimum of 12 months from the date of completion.
In an emergency
24-HOUR EMERGENCY HELPLINE : 0345 3000 170
Call this number to arrange for a tradesperson to make any emergency repairs to:
- Your plumbing, drainage or central heating systems.
- Your gas or electricity supply systems if they fail.
- Damaged roofing, locks, doors or windows to secure your home.
If you've chosen Home Emergency Cover, you may be able to claim the cost of the tradesperson, chosen by us, to deal with the emergency in respect of the call out charge and any materials necessary.
If Home Emergency Cover is not chosen you’ll need to pay for the emergency repairs, but if the damage is covered by your home insurance policy, you can claim in the normal way.
Any legal liability, loss or damage to any property or person arising from the provision or delay of the repair services is not covered. This service is provided by AWP Assistance UK Ltd trading as Allianz Global Assistance.
You’ll find further information about your policy, such as what’s covered, additional cover, useful phone numbers and answers to frequently asked questions, here:
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.