Help with a complaint
If you want to make a complaint, you can find details about how to get in touch with us further down this page. To help you find the information you need quickly, we've answered lots of common queries below. We recommend taking a look at these first. If you don't find the answers you're looking for, please get in touch.
Let us help you with some common queries
Making a complaint
If you'd like to talk to us about a query or complaint, please get in touch using one of the options below.
Our aim is to offer great products and excellent service, but we know sometimes things can go wrong. If you have any reason at all to complain, we make you a promise:
- We'll do our very best to put things right as soon as you get in touch.
- Where that's not possible, we will make sure you have the contact details of the person or team dealing with your complaint.
- No matter how you choose to tell us about your complaint, whether it is by phone, in branch, or in writing, we will give it our full attention and commitment to resolving it for you.
Secure Online Form
Please note that we're currently prioritising our most vulnerable customers. This means it could take between 1-8 weeks for us to come back to you with a resolution.
If you need help more urgently with a product or service, please use our help and support page. If you can't find what you're looking for please call us, or send us a message using our Mobile Banking app.
Please note: By completing this form you consent to us recording all the details you share, however we'll only use what you tell us in relation to this complaint.
Write to us
Write to us at Lloyds Bank, Customer Services, BX1 1LT.
In order for us to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, please include the following information in your letter:
- Your account details – this helps us to find the account you are complaining about.
- As much information about the complaint as you feel able to give.
- Are there any particular actions you wish us to take to resolve your complaint? If so, please include them.
We will contact you by phone once we receive your letter, so it’s important that you tell us the best telephone number and the best time to contact you.
If we don't manage to resolve the complaint within five working days we will write to give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response.
We’ll also let you know the name and contact details of the person or specialised team dealing with your case.
Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated, (we may call you for further details) we will issue a 'final response' to your complaint.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response:
- If your complaint relates to payment services or e-money (e.g. Direct Debit, Online Transaction) we aim to issue a final response within 15 business days after receiving your complaint. Should something outside of our control cause a delay, the FCA gives us a maximum of 35 business days.
- For all other types of complaint the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us eight weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.
Lloyds Bank is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, which offers an independent review service. So, if you're still not happy with the agreement we have proposed, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to look at your case for free.
We can provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Free phone: 0800 023 4567
Low-cost phone: 0300 123 9123
We'll treat your complaint in exactly the same way whether we receive the complaint directly from you or from a Claims Management Company (CMC). You don't need to use a CMC and they'll typically charge an upfront fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. By coming directly to us you'll not be disadvantaged.
Building strong and lasting relationships with our customers is important to us. Sometimes things can, and do, go wrong and when this happens we encourage customers to tell us about it so we can aim to put things right.
We're committed to transparency and publish details of the complaints data we last reported to the Financial Conduct Authority. View the complaints data for firms associated with Lloyds Bank.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.