Need some help?
To help you find the information you need quickly, we've answered lots of common enquiries below. We recommend taking a look at these first, and if you don't find the answers you're looking for, please get in touch.
Speak to us
If you'd like to talk to us about a query or complaint, please get in touch using one of the options below.
At the moment, due to COVID-19, we’re taking a little longer than usual to get back to you.
To make sure we support vulnerable customers who need our help the most, we’ll look at their complaints first.
This means it could take over 8 weeks to review some complaints sent through our online form.
If you need help more urgently, we're here. Please phone or message us through our Mobile Banking app, or visit us in branch. Otherwise, please know that we’re working on your case as quickly as we can.
Although we provide you with an email address, you need to be aware that e-mail is not a secure way to get in touch. You can safely and securely provide us with your details using our secure online complaint form.
If you decide to e-mail us, you must not quote any sensitive account information such as your account numbers. We will not accept liability for any lost data you supply.
To help us resolve your complaint as efficiently as possible, please include the following:
- Your full name
- First line of your address and postcode
- The banking product your complaint is about
- As much information about the complaint as you feel able to give (excluding numbers and sensitive account information)
- Any particular actions you wish us to take to resolve your complaint
- A contact number and the best time to contact you as we will call you once we have received your email
Mail us at OnlineComplaints@Lloydsbank.co.uk
Write to us
Write to us at Lloyds Bank, Customer Services, BX1 1LT.
In order for us to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible, please include the following information in your letter:
- Your account details – this helps us to find the account you are complaining about.
- As much information about the complaint as you feel able to give.
- Are there any particular actions you wish us to take to resolve your complaint? If so, please include them.
We will contact you by phone once we receive your letter, so it’s important that you tell us the best telephone number and the best time to contact you.
If we don't manage to resolve the complaint within five working days we will write to give you an update and let you know when you can expect a full response.
We’ll also let you know the name and contact details of the person or specialised team dealing with your case.
Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated, (we may call you for further details) we will issue a 'final response' to your complaint.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us a maximum number of days to issue a final response:
- If your complaint relates to payment services or e-money (e.g. Direct Debit, Online Transaction) we aim to issue a final response within 15 business days after receiving your complaint. Should something outside of our control cause a delay, the FCA gives us a maximum of 35 business days.
- For all other types of complaint the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) gives us eight weeks to issue a final response but we will aim to get your complaint resolved well before this deadline.
Lloyds Bank is a member of the Financial Ombudsman Service, which offers an independent review service. So, if you're still not happy with the agreement we have proposed, you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to look at your case for free.
We can provide details of how to contact the Ombudsman:
Financial Ombudsman Service
Free phone: 0800 023 4567
Low-cost phone: 0300 123 9123
If you live outside the United Kingdom or if you prefer not to deal directly with the Financial Ombudsman Service, you may be able to submit a claim through the European Online Dispute Resolution Platform
We'll treat your complaint in exactly the same way whether we receive the complaint directly from you or from a Claims Management Company (CMC). You don't need to use a CMC and they'll typically charge an upfront fee or take a proportion of any compensation you may be due. By coming directly to us you'll not be disadvantaged.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.