Your new credit card account
Get started and find out everything you need to know about your new Lloyds Bank credit card.
What happens now?
Everything you need to get started with your new credit card will be sent by post to your address.
- You'll receive your PIN
Your PIN will arrive by post together with a reminder of your credit limit. If it hasn't arrived within 5 days, please call 0345 606 2172.
- You’ll receive your credit card
Your new credit card will arrive by post, separately to your PIN. If it hasn’t arrived within 7 days, please call 0345 606 2172.
- Activate your credit card
Once your card has arrived, you can activate it online (ensure you have your card to hand) or call us on 0800 032 0444.
If you already have a Lloyds Bank account, you can use Internet Banking to see your credit card balance alongside your other accounts. You can instantly make transfers to your credit card, and keep an eye on what you’re spending.
It’s free and easy to manage your credit card online:
- see your credit card balance as well as up to three months’ transaction history
- manage your PIN
- pay your credit card online
- apply to increase or decrease your credit card limit (subject to status)
- make balance transfers
- add an additional cardholder
If you are the cardholder, you can request an additional card for a family member or someone else over 18 years old. All transactions appear on a single monthly statement, so you can easily keep track of family spending.
Keep in mind that the original cardholder remains responsible for all spending on the account made by the additional cardholder.
Requesting an additional card for a new cardholder is simple:
Your monthly credit card statement includes details about your minimum payment , and when it’s due. Just bear in mind, if you can’t pay the whole statement balance, it’s a good idea to pay as much as you can, as it may help to keep any interest costs down.
There are a number of payment options available, including Direct Debit, debit card, bank transfer and cheque. Just make sure you pick a method that will get your payment to us on time.
Your Lloyds Bank credit card has all our latest protection measures built in. Here’s a quick run-down of how you’re protected:
- the internet shopping promise means that you’ll be covered against fraud
- we monitor transactions automatically to make sure you’re the one who’s made them
- we’ll alert you if we think any transactions are suspicious
- your card comes with ClickSafe®, a free service which gives you extra protection when you're shopping online
The best way to keep your card safe and protected is to make sure you take simple precautions. Here are some tips for keeping your card safe and secure:
- use a different PIN for each account you have
- never tell anyone your PIN, password, or account details
- check your statements as soon as you receive them and let us know immediately about any transactions you don’t recognise
For more advice and information about using your card securely, visit our security page.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.