Use your debit card to pay for anything from a cup of coffee to a holiday.
Reporting a lost or stolen debit card
- If your debit card is lost or stolen, you can report it to us and request a new card by logging onto Internet Banking or in our Mobile Banking app
- You can also call us on 0800 096 9779 (lines open 24hrs a day, 7 days a week) or +44 1702 278 270 (outside the UK)
- While you wait for your new card to arrive, you can view your card details in the Mobile Banking app. These should be available the day after requesting a replacement
- You can also freeze and unfreeze your card which could be useful if you’ve temporarily forgotten where you put your card
Problems with your card
- You can see a reminder of your PIN in our Mobile Banking app in case you have forgotten it
- If your card is declined and you’re concerned, you have unrecognised transactions, or you need to request a new PIN, call us on 0345 300 0000 (lines open 8am – 8pm, seven days a week. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.) or +44 1733 347 007 (outside the UK)
- You can also order replacement cards and PINs by logging onto Internet Banking or in our Mobile Banking app
Your debit card is the easy way to pay for most things, all over the UK.
- Use for everyday shopping or big purchases
- Shop in-store, online or over the phone
- Pay bills easily, whether they’re one-off or regular
- Withdraw cash at Lloyds Bank Cashpoint machines or other cash machines
- Skip the cash machine queues – get up to £100 cashback at most supermarkets
The amount you can withdraw at a Cashpoint or other cash machines is £500 per day if you hold a Lloyds Bank debit card.
Use your Visa debit card for shopping and cash withdrawals abroad, just as you do at home, wherever you see the Visa symbol. There are fees for using your debit card abroad. See full details on debit card charges.
Just a few reasons for using your debit card abroad:
- Accepted all over the world
- No need to carry large amounts of cash
- Get an automatic record of the transaction
- Protection against fraud for any unauthorised spending
- Shop online in any currency (although fees apply)
You can use your debit card to withdraw money at a cash machine or over the counter at any bank displaying the Visa symbol. You can withdraw money up to your limit in pounds as long as you have cleared available funds in your account. You’ll need to know your PIN and have some ID (a valid passport will do) when you withdraw money from a bank.
Going abroad soon? You no longer need to tell us
You no longer have to tell us when you are travelling abroad. Our fraud and security systems are always on the lookout for suspicious activity on your accounts meaning you can relax when you are away making going abroad stress free.
Before going abroad
- Check overseas fees .
- Ensure your cards do not expire when you are away. Please check your expiry date.
- Take another form of payment in case of emergency.
- Ensure your contact details are up to date so we can contact you if we are concerned there may be fraudulent activity on your account - update here.
- Take note of our overseas number to call in an emergency: +44 1733 347 007.
If you use Internet Banking, you can sign up for Save The Change®. It’s such an easy way to save that you don’t have to do anything. Every time you use your debit card, the amount you spend will be rounded up to the nearest pound, and the difference is transferred into your eligible Lloyds Bank savings account.
We’re always working hard to make sure your Lloyds Bank Visa debit card has the latest security and fraud prevention features.
Our automated protection service
If our systems pick up spending patterns on your account that might indicate fraud, we have measures in place to keep your money safe. Usually, our automated telephone service will call you so you can confirm that you made the purchase – and if you think it’s fraudulent, our operators are ready to help.
If we can’t reach you we may ask the person you’re paying to perform extra checks, or, exceptionally, we may stop further purchases until we are sure it is you. To make sure we can contact you, please ensure we have your up-to-date mobile or best contact number by calling 0345 300 0000. Lines are open 8am – 8pm, seven days a week.
Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
What happens if you’re subjected to fraud?
As soon as we’re aware of fraud our expert operators will put a stop to it. We’ll ensure you are reimbursed for any losses incurred through no fault of your own. We will also send you a new card as soon as possible.
Calls that claim to be Lloyds Bank
Rarely, a fraudster may try to call you pretending to be from Lloyds Bank. We will never ask you to divulge, in full, any passwords or sensitive account information. If you are ever in doubt about the authenticity of a call, or have questions about our automated calling service, please call us.
If you’re calling from outside the UK, you might be charged, so remember to check the published tariff of the telephone service provider before you dial.
What you can do to help minimise the risk of fraud
- Only buy online from known retailers
- Always look out for the padlock symbol at the top of your browser window
- Never tell anyone your PIN or Internet Banking log on details
- Always shred receipts and documents containing personal information before disposing of them
With these tips in mind, you should be protected from becoming a victim of fraud. Remember to always stay vigilant when using your debit card.
Help if things go wrong
Visa Chargeback protects you if there’s a problem with goods or services you’ve bought on your Visa debit card. Using the service could mean that we can return a payment back to your debit card, if there has been a problem.
Always contact the retailer first if you have an issue with goods or services bought from a retailer. If they can’t help you, please call us 0345 300 0000 (+44 1733 347 007 from outside the UK). Lines are open 8am – 8pm, seven days a week.
Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. It always helps to keep your receipts as we may ask you for them.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
We may monitor or record telephone calls to check out your instructions correctly and to help us improve the quality of our service. Calls from abroad are charged according to the telephone service provider’s published tariff. Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please speak to an adviser for more information.