Lloyds Home Insurance

You won’t find us on comparison websites. Come directly to us to get a new buildings, contents or combined buildings and contents policy.


We'll help you find a safe place for you, your family and pets to stay if your home becomes unfit to live in because of a claim.


Limits, terms and exclusions apply to all levels of cover.


Get a quote now

Compare Home Insurance

If you're not sure which level of cover to choose, see compare home insurance to view your cover options.

Compare Home InsuranceCompare Home Insurance

Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance covers the cost of replacing your personal possessions if they are stolen, or repairing them if they’re damaged by events like fire, floods and storms while in your home.

You can take out contents insurance as a standalone policy or combine it with a buildings insurance policy.

Limits, terms and exclusions apply to all levels of cover.

Get a contents quote now

Find out more about Contents Insurance >

Get 60 days free with Flexible Contents Insurance*

Designed for those who rent their home, it provides the flexibility to pick and choose which items you cover month by month. There's no annual contract, you have the freedom to add or remove items quickly and easily online, anytime. 

Get a quote online and receive your first 60 days of Flexible Contents Insurance free*.

Get a Flexible Contents quote

Find out more about Flexible Contents Insurance >

*The offer is only available on new policies. A payment may occur within the first 60 days. Conditions apply.

Home Insurance from Lloyds Bank

Our Home Insurance is made up of two policies: Buildings Insurance and Contents Insurance. 

When you take out Home Insurance, you can buy these policies separately or together:

  • Buildings Insurance. Cover the structure of your home and its fixtures and fittings if they are damaged by events like flood, fire or storm.
  • Contents Insurance. Cover the cost of repairing or replacing your personal possessions if they are stolen or damaged by events like flood, fire or storm while in your home.
  • Combined Buildings and Contents Insurance. Covers both buildings and contents under one policy. This can be simpler and less costly than buying separately.

Limits, terms and exclusions apply to all levels of cover.

Get added protection with additional cover

You can choose a range of additional covers to make your policy suit you. 

Here are some of our additional cover options which can be added for an additional premium:

  • Legal Expenses Cover
  • Home Emergency Cover
  • Pedal Cycle Cover
  • Personal Belongings Away from the Home Cover
  • Specified Items Cover

Limits, terms and exclusions apply to all levels of cover.

If you'd like more information about our extras, we have a full list available.

Get a quote online

We offer two levels of Home Insurance:

  • Lloyds Bank Home Insurance - a tailored, flexible offering.
  • Lloyds Bank Home Insurance Premier - a more inclusive offering where additional cover and higher limits are included as standard.

If you would like full details on limits, terms and exclusions, see our policy documents.

Get a quote now

Call to get a quote

If you'd prefer to get a Home Insurance quote over the phone, our UK-based team are here to help.

We can discuss your needs and the types of insurance we offer. This includes any extra cover options you may be looking for.

Call us on 0345 605 0521.

Lines are open from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday and 9am-1pm Saturday. Call times may vary due to high demand.

Find a quote

If you've already completed a quote within the past 60 days and would like to take out Home Insurance with us, there's no need to start your quote again.

You can find your quote online. You’ll just need to give us some info:

  • Your Quote Reference Number.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The postcode of the property you want to insure.


What is Home Insurance?

Home Insurance can protect you from the cost of damage to the structure of your home and what’s inside. 

There are three main types of home insurance:

  • Buildings. Covers the building itself.
  • Contents. Covers the things inside your home.
  • Combined. Covers both buildings and contents together.

You’ll be covered if your items or home is damaged by an event that’s covered in your policy. These events usually include fire, flood, storm or theft. 

Do I need Home Insurance?

If you have a mortgage, most lenders need you to have Buildings Insurance. If you own a leasehold flat, you may need provide evidence of the freeholders Buildings Insurance.

Buildings Insurance can protect you against the cost of damage to your home from storm, fire or flood.

It’s not a requirement to have Contents Insurance, but it’s a good idea to cover the cost the things you own. Getting Buildings and Contents Insurance at the same time can help to protect your home and what’s inside.

Frequently asked questions about home insurance.

If you haven't bought one of our policies, but would like information, here are some of the most frequently asked questions.

Managing your home insurance policy

If you’re an existing customer and you’d like to know how to manage your home insurance policy, you’re in the right place. Here’s everything you need to get the most out of your policy. 

NHS and Care workers

As a small gesture to say thanks for all your hard work, Personal items of NHS and Care workers that are damaged, lost or stolen while they're working or commuting will be covered under their standard contents policy at no extra cost.

Manage your policy

Contact us to:

  • Make a claim
  • Manage your policy
  • Let us know if you're having financial difficulties

Exclusive Hive offer

Get a free 12 month Leak subscription with Lloyds Bank Home Insurance. Terms and conditions apply. 

Claim your free Hive sensorExclusive Hive offer

Existing customers

Need help with your Home Insurance policy? You can find out what's covered, check that you have the cover you need, find useful phone numbers and learn how to make a claim.

Here are some quick links:

Help and guidance

Insuring your home can sometimes feel overwhelming. We’re here to help make things as simple as possible with hints and tips on protecting your home and your possessions.

We've put together help and guidance articles on:

Important legal information

Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.

Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).