Get £125 in 10 working days when you switch to a Club Lloyds or Club Lloyds Platinum Account using the Current Account Switch Service. Offer ends 27 June 2022. T&Cs apply.Switch today
Offer ends 27 June 2022. You wont be eligible if you’ve received an incentive for switching to a Lloyds bank account since April 2020. You may need to pay a monthly fee to maintain the account. Full terms and conditions can be found below.
Our accounts come with the following great features
- Contactless and mobile payments - get a VISA debit contactless card and use Apple or Google Pay to make mobile payments.
- Mobile Banking app and Internet Banking - both highly secure and packed with features to make banking fast and convenient, wherever you are.
- Mobile alerts - to help you keep track of your money.
- Overdraft facility available - all overdrafts are subject to our assessment of your circumstances, and are repayable on demand.
- Get up to 15% cashback - earn cashback with Everyday Offers when you pay by credit/debit card or Direct Debit with selected retailers. Merchant offers and cashback amounts vary. Internet Banking registration required. T&Cs apply.
- Save the Change® - round your card payments up to the nearest pound to save as you spend.
Choose the best current account for you
From no frills, everyday banking, to accounts packed with extra benefits for a monthly fee - we've got the right account for you.
Opening a current account with Lloyds is quick and easy online. We’ll just need a few details from you as part of your application.
- Proof of identity - your driving license or passport
- Personal details - this includes your date of birth, nationality, and marriage status
- Your address - current home address and how long you have lived there
- Contact details - your phone number and your email address
- Income - how much money you earn each month
- Employment - we’ll need to know what your job is
- Outgoings - we might need to know how much money you spend on bills, like mortgages and rent
You can have as many current accounts as you like. There is no official limit on how many you can open and use at once.
Yes. You can do this at a Lloyds Bank branch or at Post Office ® branches nationwide.
When you open a new current account it could mean a slight change in credit score. This change is temporary.
To open a current account you need to be 18 or over and living in the UK.
To qualify for the £125 switching offer (“the offer”) you must switch to a Club Lloyds Account or Club Lloyds Platinum Account using the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to switch from a bank account held with another bank. The following conditions apply:
- Use the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to transfer all the active credits and debits from the bank account that you hold with another bank to a Club Lloyds Account (£3 monthly maintaining the account fees apply) or Club Lloyds Platinum Account (£21 and £3 monthly maintaining the account fees apply) ( (‘Qualifying Account’). The ‘Current Account Switch Service’ will close your old account with the other bank; and
- start your switch from your old bank account using the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ to a Club Lloyds Account or Club Lloyds Platinum Account between the 17/05/2022 and the 27/06/22
You are not eligible for the offer if:
- You switch to any account other than Club Lloyds Account or Club Lloyds Platinum Account.
- You change your existing account to a Club Lloyds Account or Club Lloyds Platinum Account, but you do not move your account from another bank using the ‘Current Account Switch Service’ before the switching deadline.
- You’ve received a switching offer since April 2020 for switching to a Club Lloyds Account or Club Lloyds Platinum Account.
- You are switching to a joint account and one of the parties to the joint account has already received a switching offer since April 2020.
- The bank you are switching from does not participate in the ‘Current Account Switch Service’. To find out more visit www.currentaccountswitch.co.uk
- You are an employee of Lloyds Banking Group, or if an employee is named on any bank account held in joint names
- The offer applies to applications received in branch, online or by phone from the 17/05/2022 and the 27/06/22. The offer is subject to change and can be withdrawn without notice at any time.
- The offer does not automatically guarantee an arranged overdraft and any application for an arranged overdraft facility will be subject to status. If your Qualifying Account has an arranged overdraft, you will not pay any daily arranged overdraft interest for 3 months provided you stay within your arranged overdraft limit and do not increase or otherwise alter the arranged overdraft limit agreed.
- After 3 months, or if you change your account, you will be charged daily arranged overdraft interest applicable to the account you hold if you use your arranged overdraft. Please see the Bank accounts and switching to us leaflet for full details on arranged overdraft interest. You will have been given this when you opened your account, but if you would like another one, please ask in branch or look at www.lloydsbank.com/current-accounts
- Only one offer is available per customer. Joint accounts will only be eligible for one payment.
- The offer will be paid directly into your account within 3 working days of your switch completing and will appear as a cash credit.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries.
Android Pay is a trademark of Google Inc
The Mobile Banking app is available to Internet Banking customers with a UK personal account and valid registered phone number. Our app is available on devices running iOS or Android. (the app is not compatible with some older versions of the operating systems – check the App Store or Google Play for more details). Our app does not work on jailbroken or rooted devices. Device registration required. Terms and conditions apply. Mobile Banking services may be affected by phone signal.