Contents Insurance protects the things that make your home feel like yours. This includes your bed, sofa, videos games, clothes and jewellery.

If you ever lost all your possessions in a fire or flood, it would cost a lot to replace them.

Contents Insurance covers the cost to repair or replace any items that are:

  • Damaged
  • Destroyed
  • Stolen

Limits, terms and exclusions apply. Check out our online policy documents (PDF, 3.10MB) to learn more.

Do I need Contents Insurance?

Unlike with Buildings Insurance, your mortgage provider doesn't require that you have Contents Insurance. 

Having the important things in your home protected can offer you peace of mind.

There's lots of reasons you may want Contents Insurance:

  • You won't have to pay as much to replace any stolen, damaged or destroyed items.
  • Some policies offer access to a legal helpline to help with making a claim.
  • You can upgrade or tailor your policy to suit your needs.
  • It can cover things you may have forgotten about, like garden tools and jewellery.

You can work out how much cover you need by adding up the value of the items in your home. Try to make a list of everything you own and do some online research to understand what it's worth. This way, you'll be able to know how much cover you may need.

How does Contents Insurance work?

You pay your insurer a premium to cover you if something happens to the things in your home such as a fire or flood damaging your furniture or your jewellery is stolen. You can choose to pay:

  • Once a year
  • Every month. This sometimes costs more overall.

Your insurer will try to repair any damage if something goes wrong. If this isn't possible they will look to replace it on a like to like basis.

You can find out what is and isn't covered in your policy documents (PDF, 3.10MB).

What does Contents Insurance cover?

Household items and furniture

Home Contents Insurance covers the items in your home that you would take if you moved house. This may include:

  • Clothes
  • Kitchen appliances
  • Furniture
  • Cash stored in your home

Gadgets and electronics

Your home Contents Insurance can also cover gadgets kept in your home. Including but not limited to:

  • TV
  • Games consoles
  • Tablets
  • Mobile phones

Jewellery and medical devices

Your home Contents Insurance can also cover the following in your home:

  • Jewellery
  • Watches
  • Medical devices
  • Wheelchairs

Some of your belongings may be classed as 'high risk items'.  These tend to be easy to steal or damage, are usually expensive to replace.  They include computers, televisions, jewellery, watches, clocks and works of art. Your policy documents will show how much these are insured for. Make sure you have enough cover. 

Find out more about  'high risk items' and their limits in our policy documents where the policy booklet and limit list is provided.

What isn't covered by Contents Insurance?

Contents insurance won't cover everything. You can add extras to your policy to cover additional 'high risk' items or to cover your items when away from the home. 

Somethings you may need to pay extra for include:

  • Bikes. 
  • Personal things when they are away from your home. For example, losing your mobile phone.
  • Damage caused by accident, such as spilling paint on your carpet. 

Limits, terms and exclusions will always apply.   Find out more about what is and isn't cover in our policy booklet (PDF, 3.1MB).

Ready to get a Contents Insurance quote?

Getting a quote only takes a few minutes and you can protect your items instantly.

Get a quote

Limits on how much you can claim for

Your policy may have a limit on how much you can claim for certain items. Examples include:

  • High value items. There may be a cap on how much you can claim for jewellery and gadgets.
  • Furniture sets. If part of a furniture set is damaged and can't be repaired, you may not to be covered for the cost of the whole set. 
  • General wear and tear. It's unlikely you'll be able to claim to replace items that have become worn over time.

Limits, terms and exclusions apply.  To find out more about the how much you can claim for see our policy documents

Does Contents Insurance cover fixtures and fittings?

No, contents insurance doesn't cover these.  To cover your home fixtures and fittings, you'll need to take out Buildings Insurance. This type of

insurance covers the cost of repair of damage to things like your fitted kitchen or bathroom in your home.

Our Home Insurance Policies cover both your contents and buildings.

Additional contents cover

There might be things you want to insure that aren't included in your policy. You can add these as extras. These include:

Limits, terms and exclusions apply to all levels of cover.

Important legal information

Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.

Eligible deposits with us are protected by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). We are covered by the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help us improve our quality of service.