Mortgage calculators and tools
Use our mortgage calculators and tools to understand how much you may be able to borrow. Learn what your monthly mortgage repayments could be and if you could save by making overpayments.
You could lose your home if you don’t keep up your mortgage repayments
Mortgage Calculator FAQs
- Use our mortgage calculator to work out how much you might be able to borrow from a lender.
- Use our interest rate calculator to estimate how much your monthly payments might be.
- Use our overpayment calculator to work out if overpaying could lower the interest on your monthly repayments.
- Use our remortgage calculator to work out how much you may be able to save with a mortgage from Lloyds Bank.
How much you could borrow will depend on your circumstances. A lender will look at factors before deciding whether to offer you a mortgage. They’ll want to be sure you can pay back anything you do borrow in the future. A lender will consider:
- Your income.
- Your total deposit.
- Your monthly bills.
- Current debt.
- Current loan or other mortgage repayments. ·
- Your credit rating.
Use our mortgage calculator to work out how much you might be able to borrow
Your lender will look at lots of factors before offering a mortgage. They’ll want to be sure you can pay back any money you borrow. You’ll need to give a lender:
- Proof of ID, such as a passport or driving licence.
- Personal bank details.
- Employment and income history.
- Details on any debts you have.
- How much you spend on bills.
- Your credit rating.
Mortgage interest rates are an extra charge you’ll pay when taking out a mortgage. Higher interest rates mean you’ll pay more over the term of your mortgage. How much interest you’ll have to pay each month will depend on the deal you get: ·
- Fixed-rate mortgages. A fixed-rate mortgage means your interest rate will stay the same for the term of the deal. · Variable-rate mortgages.
- A variable-rate mortgage can change month to month, so you won’t always pay the same amount.
You can use our mortgage interest rate calculator to work out how much interest you might pay.
Other calculators and tools
We have other calculators and tools to help you manage your mortgage. Try our mortgage overpayment calculator and rate change calculator, or our eco home tool for tips on how to make your home more sustainable. The conveyancing service will give you quotes for your legal costs.
Important legal information
Lloyds Bank plc. Registered office: 25 Gresham Street, London EC2V 7HN. Registered in England and Wales No. 2065. Lloyds Bank plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under registration number 119278.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded in case we need to check we have carried out your instructions correctly and to help us improve our quality of service.