Apply for, or upgrade to a Club Lloyds Platinum account
To apply for this account, you need to be:
- aged 18 or over
- someone who lives in the UK
- if you are not an exiting Lloyds customer you will need to provide proof of identity
You could get a £5 discount on your monthly maintaining the account fee if you have a Club Lloyds Platinum account. To qualify, you must have paid the full Platinum monthly maintaining the account fee, and in the previous month:
- Paid in £4,300 or more into your sole Club Lloyds Platinum account or £5,500 or more if it is a joint account;
- Held savings of £75,000 or more in qualifying bank or savings accounts for the whole month. For sole accounts, these savings can be in joint names or your name only. For joint accounts, these must be in your joint names only.
Conditions apply and full details are available here (PDF, 78.4KB).
To find out more, please read these Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 123KB).
An arranged overdraft can act as a short term safety net. You can use it to borrow money up to an agreed limit through your bank account.
- You can apply to add an arranged overdraft to your account and you’ll only pay daily arranged overdraft interest if you use it.
- If you use your arranged overdraft but pay it back before the end of the day, then you won’t pay any arranged overdraft interest for that day.
Applying for an arranged overdraft - When you have applied for this account, at the end of the application you can apply for an arranged overdraft which you can add right away. You can also apply for one later.
Amending an arranged overdraft - You can reduce or remove your arranged overdraft at any time through Mobile Banking, Internet Banking or Telephone Banking or by visiting your branch. But you must repay anything you owe if you want to remove an arranged overdraft or anything over the new reduced limit you want. You can also apply to increase it. Using an arranged overdraft increases your overall borrowing and may affect your credit score.
If you don't have enough money in your account or available arranged overdraft to make a payment, we may either let you borrow through an unarranged overdraft or refuse to make the payment. Missing payments and using an unarranged overdraft can damage your credit score, please get in touch with us as we may be able to help you.
Applying for this product does not improve your eligibility for an arranged overdraft.
All overdrafts are subject to application and repayable on demand. You must be 18 or over to apply.
Arranged overdraft details
- £50 interest free amount
- 27.5% EAR (variable) representative
- Your interest rate will be based on how you manage any accounts you have with us and on the credit information we hold about you
- No unarranged overdraft interest, fees or charges
* The Club Lloyds fee of £3 is waived for each month you pay in at least £1,500 into your account
Do you already have a current account with us and need an arranged overdraft?
If you already have a current account with us, you can apply for an arranged overdraft through Internet Banking or Mobile Banking. You can also apply to increase your existing arranged overdraft limit too.
- Personal banking terms and conditions & Banking Chargesopens in a new tab (pdf, 511.1 KB)
- Club Lloyds welcome packopens in a new tab (pdf, 1.9 MB)
- Platinum Account Welcome Packopens in a new tab (pdf, 2.5 MB)
- Fee Information Documentopens in a new tab (pdf, 195.0 KB)
- Current account ratesopens in a new tab (web)
- Club Lloyds lifestyle benefits terms and conditionsopens in a new tab (pdf, 62.6 KB)
You can also apply for this account by calling us on 0800 015 4000 (Lines are open Monday - Saturday 9am - 6pm) or by booking an appointment at your nearest branch. You can book by calling us on 0345 300 0000 (+44 1733 347 007 from outside the UK). Lines are open 8am – 8pm, seven days a week.
Not all Telephone Banking services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.